DynamiCare Secure Share
DSS provides an easy way for your business to share and sync important data across multiple platforms, while keeping security a top priority.
"What do you mean "multiple platforms?"
DynamiCare Secure Share allows you to share files across, Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and even Linux systems. So you can access the same file from your Windows laptop as you can your iPad or Android smartphone!
"Why should I sign up for a subscription to DynamiCare Secure Share?"
Dynamic has partnered with a leading vendor who has focused on providing a secure data management solution. This partnership was built out of Dynamic's own need for centralized secure data sharing among laptops, servers, and mobile devices.
"How is it different from the other "free" file syncing services out there?"
DynamiCare Secure Share uses one of the most secure technologies to keep your data encrypted. It also keeps a history of your changed files so that if you ever need to revert back to a previous copy, you can! In addition to file sharing, DynamiCare Secure Share also does file based backups, which can help you recover data in the event of a system crash.
"Once I have a subscription to DynamiCare Secure Share how do I use it?"
Because of the flexibility of DynamiCare Secure Share, you can use the service in a number of different ways. You can sync files from your desktop, you can sync files strictly in the cloud, you can also sync files from a folder that sits on your server! It all depends on how you or your administrator has decided to set your subscription up. As with any service from Dynamic training is always included. We will work with you to make sure you know how to use the service!
"How do I install it?"
- For installation on a computer, go to your company's individual URL. This is setup during the initial subscription and will look something like this https://companyname.syncedtool.com, log in with your credentials (these are usually the same credentials you use to log into your computer) and at the top of the page, in the black banner you will see a link that says "Download Century Dynamic's Secure Share App". Click on that link and it will take you to the download page. From there select the proper installer.
- After the installer downloads, click run to start installation. Do not change any of the options during the installation. Once the installer completes, you will be required to register the app. This is how DynamiCare Secure Share knows you have a subscription. When the Registration Wizard box starts, click Next, if your subscription is tied to your Active Directory then click on the check box "Use Domain Credentials", type in your domain information including username and password. You may need to gather this information from your administrator. After entering your credentials, leave the option "Typical" selected and click Next. Click Finish to complete the registration. At this point your DynamiCare Secure Share folder should open to reveal your currently synced data, if any. It will also show you the list of shares that you are a subscriber of. This is set by your administrator.
"Are there size limits?"
Yes there are size limits for your DynamiCare Secure Share subscription. Each users is allotted 50GB of storage with a 300MB upload cap. These numbers are default and can be changed based upon each client's need. All this is discussed during the initial setup discussions that Dynamic schedules with a client prior to implementation.
"Can I share files with other users?"
- Absolutely! That is one of the key features of DynamiCare Secure Share! There are two ways to share files with others who do not have a DynamiCare Secure Share subscription. First way is to browse on your computer to the "Century Dynamic's Secure Share" listed under your Favorites or found on the desktop icon. Browse to the folder or file that you would like to share, right click, scroll down to "Century Dynamic's Secure Share", and select "Share Link. This will take you to the web console of your synced files. From there you can choose your Share Options. If you would like to put an expiration date on the share, you can do that under Share Options. This will make the download link inactive after a certain date. If no date is chosen, it stays active until you remove the recipients you shared with. Under Share With, you add the emails of the users that you want to share this folder or file with. As you add each recipient you can see them added down below. If you added someone by mistake you can click the X to the right of their name so as to remove them from the email that will be sent. Type in a message if you wish. At the bottom, you can give the recipients the ability to upload data back to that share, or even delete. If you do not choose anything, all they can do is download. Take caution when sharing data with third parties so that you don't give them too much power. Click Save and the recipients will be notified by email of the share.
- The second way to share is to use the Outlook plug-in. Log back into the web console, click on "Download Century Dynamic's Secure Share App" in the black banner at the top, select and download the Outlook Plugin. You will most likely be required to restart Outlook. After you have installed the Outlook Plug-in, you can share directly from your email client! Create a new email and add your recipients to the email. Once you have completed that step, click on the DynamiCare Secure Share icon that says "Attach". From there, browse to the folder or file that you wish to Share and put a check in the box to the left of it. At the bottom of the dialogue box you can change the default settings for this particular email. You can change the number of times the recipient is able to download the file as well as the expiration date.
- To watch how to share files with other users using both methods, as well as how to change your global settings for the Outlook Plug-in, watch this instructional video here
"How much does it cost.?"
Pricing is based on the number of users a company has in their subscription. If you are interested in DynamiCare Secure Share please contact us for a free quote. Trial subscriptions are available too!
"What does the push pin to the right of a file do when I'm in the DynamiCare Secure Share mobile app?"
Files may be pinned to make them available for offline viewing. To pin a file, tap the pin icon while viewing the file listing. The state of the pin icon indicates the files offline status:
- White Circle: the file has not been downloaded or pinned.
- Divided Blue Circle: the file is being downloaded, the circle fills with blue as the download processes.
- Blue Circle/Gray Pin: the file is not pinned but it has been downloaded and is temporarily available offline.
- Blue Circle/White Pin: the file is pinned and available offline.
If you have any questions regarding your DynamiCare Secure Share subscription, please feel free to contact us. Our FAQ page is updated based upon our clients questions and requests.
DynamiCare Secure Share For Administrators
"How do I create new users?"
- Log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web management console. To add an user who already exists on your domain, click on Settings > Authentication, select "Import users from an authentication source". Select the server from the drop down box under "Which Authentication Source". Scroll down to Organizational Units > Expand out Active Directory and browse to the container that holds the user in which you wish to add. If you are having trouble finding the right container, contact Dynamic for assistance.
- To create a non-domain users, log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web management console. Select Accounts at the top. Click on "Create Account" and fill in the necessary data. You can auto-generate a password if desired, make sure to set your user's space quota. If you are unsure of what it should be, contact Dymamic. Choose which team shares to add the user to and click save.
- An instructional video on how to create both types of users can be found here.
"What is a collision file?"
If you see a file in one of your DSS shares and it has "collision #" in the title, it means that there has possibly been an attempt to save multiple copies of the same file at the same time. Say you have the same file open in two different locations (your tablet and on your computer) and you make a change to one and save it while the other one is still open. DSS will allow both files to be saved, but the one that was saved first will "win". You will notice the file that has been saved second will have the "collision #" in the title. What you need to do is open both files, merge your changes, save the correctly titled document, and delete the "collision" file.
“Can others share or upload files with me through my DSS account?”
Answer: Yes. You can allow others to share files with you using Guest Accounts. Here is how.
DSS FAQ Continued
- Log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web page. (If you do not know what your webpage is, email firstname.lastname@example.org with what is my DSS URL in the subject line and we can get you that information.)
- At the top, click on Guests.
- Click on Create Guest
- Fill in the information. You can click in the check box next to “auto-generate” if you want the system to create the Guest’s account password automatically.
- Click on Save. Your guest will be sent an email with instructions on how to log in.
- While still logged into your DynamiCare Secure Share web page, browse to the folder you want this user to have access to. You can also create a completely new folder for them to have access to if you want to limit what they see. This is usually the best security measure.
- Right click on the file and choose Share. (This can also be done from your computer that has DynamiCare Secure Share installed on it.)
- When the Share Access window opens, Expand out Share Options and select expiration date.
- Expand out Share With. In the Recipients window, start typing in the email address or full name of the Guest you just created.
- Type in an optional Message.
- At the bottom, the Guest account will be listed. This is where you assign their permissions. Click the “Can Upload’ box if you want them to share files with you. Choose the “Can Delete” box if you want to give them the ability to delete anything in that folder.
- Click Save.